The levels of service, talent and professionalism within the weddings and events industry is varied and we believe clients and customers deserve access to a well-curated list of suppliers and vendors who’ve been vetted against a stringent list of criteria to demonstrate they’re the crème de la crème in the marketplace.
We also believe that whether you’re an up-and-coming talent who just started your business or a 20-year veteran in the industry, you deserve a community of like minded professionals for ongoing networking, connection, innovation, coaching and skills transfer.
Our tiers of membership meet you where you’re at and allow you to apply based on your years in business and the level of benefits you desire. This means that even if you’re a new business, you have the opportunity to highlight your high standards, training and ethics as a selling point that sets you apart.
Multi-award winning wedding planner and designer Mwai Yeboah, recognised an incredible need for excellence, professionalism and upskilling in the Zambian weddings and events marketplace. She also recognised the incredible talent, ethics and professionalism of some of Zambia’s top professionals and how they would often miss opportunities to engage on the worldwide stage or get booked for A-list weddings and events because they weren’t backed by a professional association who had vetted their skills, talent and service.
That all changed with IWESPA!
IWESPA connects Zambian weddings and events service providers to each other and the international community through membership, mentorship, training, networking and more.
Knowing that the scope of this project would require more hands and support, Mwai sat down with her dear friend and Head of Events, Lonah Shawa to bring her own board. One conversation and run through of the association mission and she was all in!
Mwai is passionate about the weddings and events industry in Zambia and is working hard to vet, connect and equip top-tier professionals across the country.
Mwai is the founder of the destination wedding planning boutique, Love From Mwai in the United Kingdom. As the lead planner and designer, she helps luxury and lifestyle clients turn
weddings and events across the globe into immersive experiences. She is also a tutor at QC Event School where she helps train up-and-coming wedding and event planners to take the industry by storm. Mwai also owns and runs a well-loved travel website known as Love From Mwai Experiences where she features the best of Africa and other global wonders.
With more than 15 years in the events industry, Mwai’s traveled the globe planning high-end events and received multiple awards including the Best Wedding Planner UK 2018 and the Best International Wedding Specialist 2019 by Lux Magazine and was named to the 2019 Most Influential People of African Descent Under 40 Global Top 100 List. She was named by industry peers to the Top 100 Honor Roll for the Wedding Industry Honor Roll.
Mwai holds a BA in Business Studies and Accounts, Masters in Business Administration, and Level 7 CIM Accredited Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management.
Mwai’s work, weddings, and styled editorial shoots have been featured in the following places: Vogue India, Brides Magazines, Style Me Pretty, WedLuxe, Whimsical Weddings, Love My Dress, Rock My Weddings, Boho Wedding, Festival Brides, Dream Weddings, Over the Moon, Munaluchi Magazine, Zambian Times, Zambian Daily Mail, The Nation Nigeria, Wedding-Russia, Destination I do, Zambian Bride, Bella Nija, Weddings on Point, Wedding Digest Nija, Plans and Presents, B Loved, Trendy Bride, Nu Bride, Wedding Peace, the Wedding Community, and Mod Wedding.
Lonah Shawa is the Head of Events at Love From Mwai. She manages all projects from start to finish and is an exceptional professional planner who is thriving in the industry. She is also a freelance events manager and host, tv personality, and business model with a diverse skillset and warm personality that charms every person she encounters. She’s graced the stage at regional and international fashion shows and events and has a wealth of experience in the modeling, fashion and beauty industry.
Lonah has worked on wedding editorial shoots that have been featured in UK Bride Magazine, Bridal Musings, Vogue Magazine, and she has featured on the cover of Glow Zambia and Bride Zambia just to mention a few. After making a name for herself as a successful model and tv personality, Lonah explored additional interests in project, event, and guest management.
She’s savvy and meticulous when it comes to project management and is passionate about partnering with travel, adventure and event companies as the face of their hospitality so guests feel cherished and catered to in an exceptional way. Her bubbly personality landed her with 2 tv shows on Fresh TV Zambia, a breakfast show that she hosts with 3 other ladies and a lifestyle fashion tv shows she hosts alone which won an award.
She was the guest liaison and project manager for celebrity and international wedding designer, Karen Tran’s, Floral Experience Zambia in 2019 and continues to partner with hotels, brands, tourism boards, businesses, and events to create engaging guest experiences and compelling visual assets.
Her Past Work Affiliations Include:
● Working For DHL as a Service Point Supervisor and Sales Agent
● Assistant Project Manager For Kashone Communications (an Events Management Company)
● Country Manager For Ideas Go Activation Agency Where She Managed and Oversaw Brand Marketing Campaigns and Activations Such as Coca Cola, Chivas, Redds, Mazoe, Shield, Lux,Lifebuoy, Blue Band to mention a few.
Titles and Awards
* Top Model UK 2014 Winner (Over 25s)
* Choreographer and Model Trainer For Zambia Fashion Week Since 2013
* Celebrity Hostess/Model for the 2012 “CNN African Journalists Awards”
* Tourism Ambassador through Miss Tourism Zambia Since 2004-
* Kayula Childhood Cancer Foundation Ambassador
IWESPA is a branch of Exalt Africa whose mission is to esteem Africa by connecting clients and customers to products, places, services and talent in Africa or inspired by her people.
More specifically at IWESPA, our mission is to:
● Vet new and seasoned wedding industry professionals against a stringent list of criteria to demonstrate that they’re top-tier professionals and give clients access to this curated community of professionals in the form of our directory.
● Connect liked-minded wedding industry professionals with one another and industry leaders who want to elevate the industry and client experience as well connect them to mentors to spur them on along the way
● Equip wedding industry professionals with ongoing skills, business, customer service, legal and marketing tools, resources and training to continue to build sustainable businesses and a sustainable future for the Zambian weddings and events industry.
● Evolve with industry trends and stay up-to-date on the best and brightest techniques and tools so that each member can provide high caliber customer service.
● Transform the weddings and events industry in Zambia by promoting ethical charging, the importance of upskilling, credible entrepreneurs and businesses whose talent deserves to be seen on the global stage
Browse Our Member Directory
Apply for Membership