Karen is an award winning entrepreneur, Radio and Television Personality and CEO of a creative company that manages her many interests and passions. After leaving formal employment almost 10 years ago, she decided to pursue her passion for the creative industry under her company, Afro Multi Media productions which has seen her captain the Zambian Fashion Industry, an industry which was once almost non-existent. Her hard work and perseverance has earned her international recognition in the global fashion industry such as among others:
• In 2016, she was named among top 50 most influential fashion icons by African New Women, a Forbes magazine publication
• She is a founding board member of the Commonwealth Fashion Council which aims at developing the industry amongst member countries
• She is the Zambian representative to GF4D (Global Fashion For Development) which harnesses the power of fashion to take on pressing issues of our time such as poverty, gender inequality and threats to environmental stability and has since awarded scholarships to designers from Zambia, Ghana, Indonesia and more.
Apart from this, Karen is:
• Founder and CEO of the Zambia Fashion Week held every year in October since 2011 and is now in its 10th year, working mostly with upcoming young designers with over 50 designers at every show.
• Founder of the Zambian Women of the Year awards held in March every year since 2015
• Owner and publisher of Glow, a lifestyle magazine.
• A part time presenter on Radio Phoenix and has managed to produce and anchor her own show since 2004 every Sunday
• A master of ceremonies since 2001
• In 2018 she was the Zambia Chamber of Commerce female entrepreneur of the year
Karen has created and managed several big events including the Zambian Women of the Year Awards and also manages several other events on behalf of different corporates and individuals since 2010. She comes with immense experience at handling events both at local and international level and is a well known and sought after name in the creative industry.